Join RAG as we tick off one of our bucket list big ones with a sponsored skydive!
We are taking to the skies with this exhilirating adrenaline fuelled activity to raise money for a local good cause and we want you to be part of it. Your ticket includes your skydive place and transport to the skydive centre leaving from Sheffield Students Union and returning to the union on the 5th May 2018.
Please note that the times are subject to change and the exact meeting location will be emailed to you at a later date.
Rag Skydive 2018 - Ts & Cs
By taking part in a charity skydive with Sheffield RAG and Target Skysports you are bound by the following terms and conditions:
Date of skydive
- The skydive will take place on 5th May 2018.
- This skydive is organised by Sheffield RAG with the company Target Skysports.
- Sheffield RAG cannot take responsibility for the jump and is only supporting the fundraising and bookings elements of the event.
- Skydiving is an adventure sport and participation involves risk of injury of death, by participating your accept all risk inherent
- RAG does not have any oversight of the logistics of the specific event. Sheffield RAG has overseen a copy of the Target Skysports public liability insurance and the British Parachute Associations third party insurance. Therefore Sheffield RAG will not accept any liability or responsibility of you taking part in a skydive.
- You are advised to take out additional personal insurance.
- Your contact details will be shared between Sheffield RAG and the sky diving centre, in order for the company to contact you regarding any queries they have concerning the details you provided. Your details will not be passed on to any other third party.
- Participants must be at least 16 years. For participants aged 16-17 parental consent is required by a parental/guardian signature on the forms.
- Participants aged 16-39 with no medical conditions will be required to sign a tandem student self-declaration medical on arrival.
- Participants aged 40 and over or those with medical conditions, recent or recurring injuries must have a BPA Tandem medical form stamped by their doctor – this form can be sourced in advance from the skydive company.
- The maximum weight for participating is 16 stone (100KG) for all participants.
- For those with a physical disability or conditions which restricts their mobility a maximum weight limit of 12 stone applies and will need to contact the skydive company for an individual assessment.
- For those with epilepsy, some cardiovascular, forms of diabetes and neurological conditions and recurring injuries they are precluded from participating. You can contact the skydive centre for more details or refer to the BPA medical form.
- Your jump may be postponed if the weather conditions are not suitable for your condition e.g. those who are elderly, less physically fit or agile or with a body mass index of 27.5 or over. This is done for your safety.
- It is at the centre chief instructors discretion to refuse training or postpone a jump if the weather conditions are not suitable for an individual participant
- To participate, each participant must register for the event on our website www.sheffieldrag.com
- You must read and agree to the terms and conditions on the registration form
Payment of skydive and fundraising
- TO GUARANTEE YOUR PLACE - Every participant needs to pay a £50 deposit, hand in a signed copy of their registration form and two cheques for the value of £175 to serve as fundraising insurance that the total amount will be raised by the participant before the deadline.
- All participants must had in a fundraising deposit of £350
- All participants must have handed in their fundraising deposit at least 6 weeks prior to the event.
- Either £350 cash
- Or two cheques for £175. This is preferable. The cheques should be made out to ‘Sheffield Students’ Union’ and have your name and email on the reverse.
- You cannot participate in this event without handing in a fundraising deposit
- The cheques and cash will not be cashed but will be held as a deposit for the minimum fundraising and skydive payment
- If participants fail to fundraise a minimum of £175 by 25th April 2018
- +they will be asked to pay the difference ASAP. After this the cash or cheques will be cashed.
- If a participant raises £350 by the agreed date their deposit will be returned.
- Every participant needs to raise the minimum sponsorship of at least £350 by 19th May 2018
- The £350 must be raised through Sheffield RAG – a fundraising pack will be provided advising on how to do this.
- From the £350
- £159 will pay for the cost of the skydive
- If the cost of the sky dive is reduced for any reason, the remaining money will be donated.
- You cannot participate in this event without having raised £350 (sourced from either your fundraising or fundraising deposit).
Charity skydiving terms
- As you are covering the cost of your skydive with your sponsorship money you must meet the suggested minimum fundraising target of £350
- You should make efforts to exceed the minimum target
- Make it clear to sponsors that the cost of the skydive will be covered by sponsorship money
- The cost of transport to the skydive is included in your fundraising and will leave from Sheffield Students Union and return back there on the same day of the event.
- The cost of additional things which may be sold by Target Skysports are not included e.g. photographs or videos
- Full support will be provided to all participants to help reach the minimum sponsorship through the fundraising pack and RAG arranging fundraising opportunities.
How RAG is financed
- RAG is a self-financing charity and all costs incurred by Sheffield RAG have to be funded from the fundraising programme.
- As agreed by the Students’ Union Council and Student Executive Council, RAG are to be funded by 10% of all net fundraising. This allows RAG to cover core costs such as two staff members and resources to provide excellent support in student fundraising.
- RAG is also funded by Gift Aid, because Gift Aid is additional money claimed back from the HMRC and not a donation from a donor.
Cancelations and refunds
- If the event is cancelled e.g. due to bad weather, we will endeavour to re-schedule the event for a convenient time for participants
- If you are no longer to take part in the event or if the event if cancelled, Sheffield RAG cannot refund the deposit. Furthermore, Sheffield RAG cannot refund any sponsorship; this is because we cannot identify donors to return the fundraising to.
- Furthermore, once the coach money has been paid we cannot guarantee this will be refunded by the coach company if the event is cancelled, rescheduled or if you cannot participate.
Further information and support
- Please read our full Terms and Conditions and Frequently Asked Questions on the ‘get involved’ section of the RAG website: www.sheffieldrag.com
- For any information on fundraising please contact Sian Ellis, Fundraising Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0114 222 8546