Unless other wise stated, trips are travel only; you will have free time in the destination.
Stonehenge and Bath Day Trip
Glossop Road entrance to Bar One • 24 November, 7am - 6pm
On this trip we will visit Stonehenge, before then getting dropped into the City of Bath. Walk in the footsteps of Neolithic ancestors at Stonehenge – one of the wonders of the world and the best-known prehistoric monument in Europe. At Stonehenge, come with us as we explore the ancient landscape on foot and step inside the Neolithic Houses to discover the tools and objects of everyday Neolithic life. You can even visit the world-class exhibition and visitor centre which has 250 ancient objects to look at, you will also come face to face with a 5,500 year-old man. After our visit at Stonehenge we will board the coach again and head to Bath. Bath is a town set in the rolling countryside of southwest England, most famously known for its natural hot springs and 18th-century Georgian architecture. Many of the buildings are made with Bath Stone, including Bath Abbey which is noted for its fan-vaulting tower and large stained glass windows. Bath is best explored on foot with many main attractions within a short walk of each other. Today, why not visit the Royal Crescent and take in the magnificent Circus on the way; on the way back to the centre head to Poultney Bridge and take in the dramatic views. Or why not spend an hour exploring the remains of the greatest spas of the antigenic world; The Roman Baths. There are plenty of shops and museums to explore too.
Please note that the travel time for this trip is 5 hours each way, we will take a stop on the way to Stonehenge, and again on the way back to Sheffield. If you do not travel well, we would advise perhaps not joining us on this trip as you will be sat on the coach for a long period of time. The trip will run with an 7am departure from the Glossop Road entrance to Bar One. We will head to Stonehenge where you will have 2 hours to explore, before we then get back on the coach and spend the rest of the afternoon in Bath. You will then be expected to be at the Bath meeting point at the end of the day at 6pm, so we can travel back to Sheffield.
What's included with my ticket?
Your ticket is great value for money and includes all coach transport to and from Bath, as well as entry into Stonehenge. You're free to explore Stonehenge and the city of Bath in your own time and at your own pace. We will give you an itinerary and map when you are on the coach so you can plan your day accordingly. Team Give it a Go will be with you, but you will be left to your own devices for the day.
Instructions for Ticket Holders
- Get to the pickup location as stated on your ticket at 6.45am for a 7am departure.
- Have your ticket ready for inspection. If you bought your ticket online, please try to remember to pick up your physical ticket from the Box Office as we currently don’t do QR scanning for Give it a Go activities.
- Please be dressed appropriately for the weather conditions
- Be advised that the coaches will be leaving promptly at the coach pick up point at 6pm.
N.B. Our coaches will not wait for you if you are late. They will leave in the morning at the pick-up point at 7am, and again the departure point on time. If you miss the return coach, you will have to utilise public transport options to return to Sheffield.
What do I need to bring?
It is very important that you bring your ticket to show that you had paid for the trip.
We would also advise all students/explorers be prepared and bring the following:
- Appropriate clothing for the weather on the day. A coat, umbrella, hat, scarf and gloves would probably be smart.
- Any spending money you want
- A rucksack
- A bottle of water
We would also advise you to bring a small packed lunch, even if you plan on buying food when you get there.
Terms and Conditions
Tickets, Cancellations, Refunds and Adverse Weather Conditions
- All tickets once sold are strictly non-refundable in all circumstances except where a trip is cancelled by Give it a Go. Notifications of cancellations will be given on social media and email where available.
- Adverse weather conditions which are held to jeopardise the safety of the trip, will result in the cancellation of the trip. Thereupon a full refund and options to reschedule will become available accordingly.
- The presence of precipitation, wind or unpleasant weather conditions will not automatically entitle participants to a refund. Sign ups must expect and be prepared for all aspects of British weather.
- Students must be on time at the meeting point or coach will leave without them. This is the case both leaving and returning.
- Give it a Go is open to University of Sheffield Students' and its Alumni only. Two tickets per person, other than for Residence Life discount, can be purchased so students can bring guests to sessions however Give it a Go takes no liabilities if a guest is denied access without the proper production of an NUS or uCard.
Expected Conduct and Liabilities
- Please observe the authority of the trip leader and follow all reasonable instructions. Our staff and guides are there to keep you safe!
- We advise against you taking expensive or sentimental belongings on these trips. Sheffield Students’ Union cannot be held liable or responsible for any losses sustained to property however caused.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. I've bought a ticket, but can't go anymore. Can I get a refund?
A. I'm afraid not. This is a non-refundable ticket. Please make sure you're free before you sign up
Q. What time we will get back to Sheffield?
A. We will be departing Bath at 6pm. If we do not hit any server traffic, we should be back in Sheffield for 11pm. The journey time is 5 hours.
Q. I have a ticket for the Residences Coach pickup but I wish to swap to the Union, can I do this?
A. I am afraid not – however there may be the option to swap coaches with another student on the way back, if you wish to swap coaches please make the trip leader aware but not it may cause a departure time delay.