Unless other wise stated, trips are travel only; you will have free time in the destination.
Cambridge Day Trip
Glossop Road entrance to Bar One • 1 June, 8am - 5.30pm
The picturesque city of Cambridge is famous for its University, which is one of the oldest in the world. Take a walk around the backs of the colleges for some stunning views – especially looking towards King’s College Chapel from across the river. You will have free time to explore the city, perhaps by punting along the River Cam, a very popular Cambridge activity and great way to see the sights. Or why not visit some of Cambridge’s many museums and galleries? There is the Fitzwilliam Museum (one of Britain’s earliest public museums) as well as Cambridge and County Folk Museum.
The trip will run with an 8am departure from the Glossop Road entrance to Bar One. You will have free time to explore Cambridge after.You will then be expected to be at the Cambridge meeting point at the end of the day at 5.15pm, so we can travel back to Sheffield.
THIS IS A FAMILY FRIENDLY TRIP. FAMILY TICKETS CAN BE BOUGHT AS:
FAMILY OF 3: £63
FAMILY OF 4: £82
FAMILY OF 5: £101
IF YOU ARE PART OF RESIDENCE LIFE YOU CAN GET ADDITIONAL DISOUNT OFF YOUR FAMILY TICKET.
INDIVIDUAL CHILD TICKETS ARE £20
FAMILY AND CHILD TICKETS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FROM THE BOX OFFICE.
What's included with my ticket?
Your ticket is great value for money and includes all coach transport to and from Cambridge. You're free to explore the city in your own time and at your own pace. We will give you an itinerary and map when you are on the coach so you can plan your day accordingly.
Team Give it a Go will be with you, but you will be left to your own devices for the day.
Instructions for Ticket Holders
- Get to the pickup location as stated on your ticket at 7.45am for a 8am departure.
- Have your ticket ready for inspection. If you bought your ticket online, please try to remember to pick up your physical ticket from the Box Office as we currently don’t do QR scanning for Give it a Go activities.
- Please be dressed appropriately for the weather conditions
- Be advised that the coaches will be leaving promptly at the coach pick up point at 6pm.
N.B. Our coaches will not wait for you if you are late. They will leave in the morning at the pick-up point at 8am, and again the departure point on time. If you miss the return coach, you will have to utilise public transport options to return to Sheffield.
What do I need to bring?
It is very important that you bring your ticket to show that you had paid for the trip.
We would also advise all students/explorers be prepared and bring the following:
- Appropriate clothing for the weather on the day. A coat, umbrella, hat, scarf and gloves would probably be smart.
- Any spending money you want
- A rucksack
- A bottle of water
We would also advise you to bring a small packed lunch, even if you plan on buying food when you get there.
Terms and Conditions
Tickets, Cancelations, Refunds and Adverse Weather Conditions
- All tickets once sold are strictly non-refundable in all circumstances except where a trip is cancelled by Give it a Go. Notifications of cancellations will be given on social media and email where available.
- Adverse weather conditions which are held to jeopardise the safety of the trip, will result in the cancelation of the trip. Thereupon a full refund and options to reschedule will become available accordingly.
- The presence of precipitation, wind or unpleasant weather conditions will not automatically entitle participants to a refund. Sign ups must expect and be prepared for all aspects of British weather.
- Students must be on time at the meeting point or coach will leave without them. This is the case both leaving and returning.
Expected Conduct and Liabilities
- Please observe the authority of the trip leader and follow all reasonable instructions. Our staff and guides are there to keep you safe!
- We advise against you taking expensive or sentimental belongings on these trips. Sheffield Students’ Union cannot be held liable or responsible for any losses sustained to property however caused.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. I've bought a ticket, but can't go anymore. Can I get a refund?
A. I'm afraid not. This is a non-refundable ticket. Please make sure you're free before you sign up
Q. What time we will get back to Sheffield?
A. We will be departing Cambridge at 5.30pm. If we do not hit any server traffic, we should be back in Sheffield for 9pm. The journey time is 3.5 hours.
Q. I have a ticket for the Residences Coach pickup but I wish to swap to the Union, can I do this?
A. I am afraid not – however there may be the option to swap coaches with another student on the way back, if you wish to swap coaches please make the trip leader aware but not it may cause a departure time delay.