Unless other wise stated, trips are travel only; you will have free time in the destination.
Oxford Day Trip with option to Add on Oxford Walking Tour
Oakholme Road • 16 November, 7.30am - 5.30pm
Come with us as we uncover the hidden treasures that Oxford has to offer. Oxford, the city of ‘dreaming spires,’ is steeped in rich and fascinating history and home to the world famous Oxford University. There are many recognisable sites in Oxford, such as the ceremonial buildings and churches with their pinnacle towers and soaring spires, museums and galleries, to quiet parks, boat trips and lively cafes. Climb to the top of Oxford Tower and take in the breath-taking views that inspired writers such as J.R.R Tolkien, or enjoy a peaceful punting ride down the river.
You can either purchase a travel only ticket under Student or ResLife, or for an additional price add on a Walking Tour ticket. If you buy a walking tour ticket you must also buy a Student or ResLife ticket as the walking tour ticket on its own does not buy you a place on the coach for travel. On the day you will be asked to produce two tickets if you are joining us on the walking tour.
The trip will run with an 7.30am departure from Oakholme Road (near to 8 Oakholme Road). If you have added on the Walking Tour you will get a 90min walking tour of Oxford,then you will have free time to explore Oxford after.You will then be expected to be at the Oxford meeting point at the end of the day at 5.30pm, so we can travel back to Sheffield.
What's included with my ticket?
Your ticket is great value for money and includes all coach transport to and from Oxford. You're free to explore the city in your own time and at your own pace. We will give you an itinerary and map when you are on the coach so you can plan your day accordingly. If you add on the Walking Tour for £8.40, you will also get a guided walking tour of Oxford. You must buy this ticket in advance if you want to go on the walking tour, it cannot be added on the day as we book the tour for the specific amount of tickets sold.
Team Give it a Go will be with you, but you will be left to your own devices for the day.
Instructions for Ticket Holders
- Get to the pickup location as stated on your ticket at 7.15am for a 7.30am departure.
- Have your ticket ready for inspection. If you bought your ticket online, please try to remember to pick up your physical ticket from the Box Office as we currently don’t do QR scanning for Give it a Go activities.
- Please be dressed appropriately for the weather conditions
- Be advised that the coaches will be leaving promptly at the coach pick up point at 5.30pm.
N.B. Our coaches will not wait for you if you are late. They will leave in the morning at the pick-up point at 7.30am, and again the departure point on time. If you miss the return coach, you will have to utilise public transport options to return to Sheffield.
What do I need to bring?
It is very important that you bring your ticket to show that you had paid for the trip.
We would also advise all students/explorers be prepared and bring the following:
- Appropriate clothing for the weather on the day. A coat, umbrella, hat, scarf and gloves would probably be smart.
- Any spending money you want
- A rucksack
- A bottle of water
We would also advise you to bring a small packed lunch, even if you plan on buying food when you get there.
Terms and Conditions
Tickets, Cancelations, Refunds and Adverse Weather Conditions
- All tickets once sold are strictly non-refundable in all circumstances except where a trip is cancelled by Give it a Go. Notifications of cancellations will be given on social media and email where available.
- Adverse weather conditions which are held to jeopardise the safety of the trip, will result in the cancelation of the trip. Thereupon a full refund and options to reschedule will become available accordingly.
- The presence of precipitation, wind or unpleasant weather conditions will not automatically entitle participants to a refund. Sign ups must expect and be prepared for all aspects of British weather.
- Students must be on time at the meeting point or coach will leave without them. This is the case both leaving and returning.
- Give it a Go is open to University of Sheffield Students' and its Alumni only. Two tickets per person, other than for Residence Life discount, can be purchased so students can bring guests to sessions however Give it a Go takes no liabilities if a guest is denied access without the proper production of an NUS or uCard.
Expected Conduct and Liabilities
- Please observe the authority of the trip leader and follow all reasonable instructions. Our staff and guides are there to keep you safe!
- We advise against you taking expensive or sentimental belongings on these trips. Sheffield Students’ Union cannot be held liable or responsible for any losses sustained to property however caused.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. I've bought a ticket, but can't go anymore. Can I get a refund?
A. I'm afraid not. This is a non-refundable ticket. Please make sure you're free before you sign up
Q. What time we will get back to Sheffield?
A. We will be departing Oxford at 5.30pm. If we do not hit any server traffic, we should be back in Sheffield for 8.30pm. The journey time is 3 hours.
Q. I have a ticket for the Residences Coach pickup but I wish to swap to the Union, can I do this?
A. I am afraid not – however there may be the option to swap coaches with another student on the way back, if you wish to swap coaches please make the trip leader aware but not it may cause a departure time delay.