Unless other wise stated, trips are travel only; you will have free time in the destination.
Leeds 'Christkindelmarkt' Traditional German Christmas Market
Glossop Road entrance to Bar One • 14 December, 11am - 6pm
Christkindelmarkt, Leeds - a little piece of Germany in the heart of Leeds City Centre. Leeds is one of the most established German Christmas Markets in the UK, with traditional wooden stalls festive greenery, Christmas carousel with twinkling colourful lights, all creating a unique continental style festive atmosphere in the heart of Leeds city centre. The market is set in Millennium Square, and attracts many hundreds of thousands of visitors to Leeds each year. This is the perfect place to buy your seasonal gifts, plus there are plenty of traditional German delicacies such as gluhwein, bratwurst sausages, and goulash to taste. This is the ideal way to kick start and celebrate the festive period with your friends to get a head start on your Christmas shopping!
The trip will run with an 11am departure from the Glossop Road entrance to Bar One. You will have free time to explore Leeds and its Christmas market. You will then be expected to be at the Leeds meeting point at the end of the day at 6pm, so we can travel back to Sheffield.
THIS IS A FAMILY FRIENDLY TRIP. FAMILY TICKETS CAN BE BOUGHT AS:
FAMILY OF 3: £42
FAMILY OF 4: £54
FAMILY OF 5: £66
IF YOU ARE PART OF RESIDENCE LIFE YOU CAN GET ADDITIONAL DISCOUNT OFF YOUR FAMILY TICKET.
INDIVIDUAL CHILD TICKETS ARE £13
FAMILY AND CHILD TICKETS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FROM THE BOX OFFICE.
What's included with my ticket?
Your ticket is great value for money and includes all coach transport to and from Leeds. You're free to explore the city in your own time and at your own pace. Team Give it a Go will be with you, but you will be left to your own devices for the day.
Instructions for Ticket Holders
- Get to the pickup location as stated on your ticket at 10.45am for a 11am departure.
- Have your ticket ready for inspection. If you bought your ticket online, please try to remember to pick up your physical ticket from the Box Office as we currently don’t do QR scanning for Give it a Go activities.
- Please be dressed appropriately for the weather conditions
- Be advised that the coaches will be leaving promptly at the coach pick up point at 6pm.
N.B. Our coaches will not wait for you if you are late. They will leave in the morning at the pick-up point at 11am, and again the departure point on time. If you miss the return coach, you will have to utilise public transport options to return to Sheffield.
What do I need to bring?
It is very important that you bring your ticket to show that you had paid for the trip.
We would also advise all students/explorers be prepared and bring the following:
- Appropriate clothing for the weather on the day. A coat, umbrella, hat, scarf and gloves would probably be smart.
- Any spending money you want
- A rucksack
- A bottle of water
We would also advise you to bring a small packed lunch, even if you plan on buying food when you get there.
Terms and Conditions
Tickets, Cancellations, Refunds and Adverse Weather Conditions
- All tickets once sold are strictly non-refundable in all circumstances except where a trip is cancelled by Give it a Go. Notifications of cancellations will be given on social media and email where available.
- Adverse weather conditions which are held to jeopardise the safety of the trip, will result in the cancellation of the trip. Thereupon a full refund and options to reschedule will become available accordingly.
- The presence of precipitation, wind or unpleasant weather conditions will not automatically entitle participants to a refund. Sign ups must expect and be prepared for all aspects of British weather.
- Students must be on time at the meeting point or coach will leave without them. This is the case both leaving and returning.
- Give it a Go is open to University of Sheffield Students' and its Alumni only. Two tickets per person, other than for Residence Life discount, can be purchased so students can bring guests to sessions however Give it a Go takes no liabilities if a guest is denied access without the proper production of an NUS or uCard.
Expected Conduct and Liabilities
- Please observe the authority of the trip leader and follow all reasonable instructions. Our staff and guides are there to keep you safe!
- We advise against you taking expensive or sentimental belongings on these trips. Sheffield Students’ Union cannot be held liable or responsible for any losses sustained to property however caused.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. I've bought a ticket, but can't go anymore. Can I get a refund?
A. I'm afraid not. This is a non-refundable ticket. Please make sure you're free before you sign up
Q. What time we will get back to Sheffield?
A. We will be departing Leeds at 6pm. If we do not hit any server traffic, we should be back in Sheffield for 7.30pm. The journey time is 1.5 hours.
Q. I have a ticket for the Residences Coach pickup but I wish to swap to the Union, can I do this?
A. I am afraid not – however there may be the option to swap coaches with another student on the way back, if you wish to swap coaches please make the trip leader aware but not it may cause a departure time delay.