Back by popular demand! Join us from the comfort of your own home as we embrace the human form for an evening of Artist Assisted life drawing with local Sheffield artist Anomaly Life Drawing.
This week's session is inspired by Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama.
What happens during a Zoom Life Drawing class?
• First, you'll be given an introduction the session organisers will share with you some of Yayoi’s artworks and talk about how you could use her style in your drawings throughout the session.
• You'll then begin the class and will have a range of short poses at the start where we will focus on fun drawing techniques to warm up our brains.
• Slowly, the poses will get longer and you will have more time to add details and shading.
• The professional's from Anomaly Life Drawing will be giving advice on how to draw each pose and will be answering any questions or queries you may have about drawing the human form.
• There will be a timer on the screen so you will know how much time is left on the clock.
• Use this time to experiment and push your creative boundaries. Life drawing isn’t about making the perfect images, it’s about slowing down the mind and focusing on the task in hand. Any marks that you make will be interesting and unique to your style and way of working
Will I have to show my artwork to the class?
There will be a little break in the middle of the class where the teacher will ask people to show work if they need any advice on how to develop their drawings, but this is only if you want to. The teacher won’t embarrass or force anyone to share!
What materials should I bring?
YELLOW - anything yellow and black!
• Coloured pens
• Sharp pencil
These are all just suggestions, please don’t feel like you have to bring all of those materials, anything will do just fine!
We want this class to be extremely inclusive, so if you’re struggling to get materials but want to take part please contact the Liah at Anomaly Life Drawing (firstname.lastname@example.org) and she'll help you source some drawing equipment.
*We pre-filmed the footage with social distancing in mind and kept our models super safe.
We want to make sure they feel safe during these classes, so please don't screenshot at any point during the session. If you want to carry on working from an image please get in touch after the class is over.
Instagram - @anomalylifedrawing
*PLEASE NOTE, THIS SESSION IS OPEN TO UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD STUDENTS ONLY*