Unless other wise stated, trips are travel only; you will have free time in the destination.
Chatsworth House Day Trip
Glossop Road entrance to Bar One • 26 September, 10.30am - 5pm
Chatsworth is an English stately home and a must-see attraction when you are in Sheffield! More than 30 magnificent rooms display one of Europe's finest private collections of treasures. The 105-acre garden is beautiful, with a huge maze, rare plants, fountains and the famous Duke's Cascade. You could bring a picnic to enjoy in the grounds, or enjoy refreshments in the Courtyard. At 4.30pm, we will return to the coach as on our way back to Sheffield we will stop at the Chatsworth House farm shop for half hour so you can stock up on local goodies,
The trip will run with an 10.30am departure from the Glossop Road entrance to Bar One. You will have free time to explore Chatsworth House and Grounds.You will then be expected to be at the Chatsworth House meeting point at 4:45pm so we can depart at 5pm and head back to Sheffield.
THIS IS A FAMILY FRIENDLY TRIP
What's included with my ticket?
Your ticket is great value for money and includes all coach transport to and from Chatsworth House, including entry to Chatsworth House and Grounds. You're free to explore Chatsworth in your own time and at your own pace. We will depart Chatsworth House at 4.30pm in order to visit the Chatsworth House Farm Shop, where you can stock up on local goodies. We will give you an itinerary and map when you are on the coach so you can plan your day accordingly. Team Give it a Go will be with you, but you will be left to your own devices for the day.
Instructions for Ticket Holders
- Get to the pickup location as stated on your ticket at 10.15am for a 10.30am departure.
- Have your e-ticket ready for inspection.
- Please be dressed appropriately for the weather conditions
- Be advised that the coaches will be leaving promptly at the coach pick up point at 5pm.
N.B. Our coaches will not wait for you if you are late. They will leave in the morning at the pick-up point at 10.30am, and again the departure point on time. If you miss the return coach, you will have to utilise public transport options to return to Sheffield.
What do I need to bring?
It is very important that you bring your ticket to show that you had paid for the trip.
We would also advise all students/explorers be prepared and bring the following:
- Appropriate clothing for the weather on the day. A coat, umbrella, hat, scarf and gloves would probably be smart.
- Any spending money you want
- A rucksack
- A bottle of water
We would also advise you to bring a small packed lunch, even if you plan on buying food when you get there.
Terms and Conditions
Tickets, Cancelations, Refunds and Adverse Weather Conditions
- All tickets once sold are strictly non-refundable in all circumstances except where a trip is cancelled by Give it a Go. Notifications of cancellations will be given on social media and email where available.
- Adverse weather conditions which are held to jeopardise the safety of the trip, will result in the cancelation of the trip. Thereupon a full refund and options to reschedule will become available accordingly.
- The presence of precipitation, wind or unpleasant weather conditions will not automatically entitle participants to a refund. Sign ups must expect and be prepared for all aspects of British weather.
- Students must be on time at the meeting point or coach will leave without them. This is the case both leaving and returning.
- Give it a Go is open to University of Sheffield Students' and its Alumni only. Two tickets per person, other than for Residence Life discount, can be purchased so students can bring guests to sessions however Give it a Go takes no liabilities if a guest is denied access without the proper production of an NUS or uCard.
Expected Conduct and Liabilities
- Please observe the authority of the trip leader and follow all reasonable instructions. Our staff and guides are there to keep you safe!
- We advise against you taking expensive or sentimental belongings on these trips. Sheffield Students’ Union cannot be held liable or responsible for any losses sustained to property however caused.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. I've bought a ticket, but can't go anymore. Can I get a refund?
A. I'm afraid not. This is a non-refundable ticket. Please make sure you're free before you sign up
Q. What time we will get back to Sheffield?
A. We will be departing Chatsworth at 5pm. If we do not hit any server traffic, we should be back in Sheffield for 6pm. The journey time is 1 hours.
Q. I have a ticket for the Residences Coach pickup but I wish to swap to the Union, can I do this?
A. I am afraid not – however there may be the option to swap coaches with another student on the way back, if you wish to swap coaches please make the trip leader aware but not it may cause a departure time delay.
Give it a Go is an activities programme full of fabulous activities and sports for you to try. It gives you the chance to try new things, meet new people, learn new skills and visit different places. Look out for the booklets as it is bursting with fun and exciting things, all run at a beginner's level.
** Please note that Give it a Go is for University of Sheffield students only **